9 August 2020
The great period of end-time tribulation unfolds with four plagues in which a third of the earth, sea, rivers, and heavenly bodies are destroyed.
1) The First Trumpet: Judgment upon the earth and the plants
2) The Second Trumpet: Judgment upon the sea
3) The Third Trumpet: Judgment upon the rivers and springs
4) The Fourth Trumpet: Judgment upon the heavenly bodies
Our response to God’s judgment
2 August 2020
As John continued to write ‘what is going to take place in the future’ he views from heaven the beginning of God’s judgment upon the earth as Christ opens the seals.
26 July 2020
John was told to write ‘what is going to take place in the future.’ Thus in a vision John was taken into the throne room of God and became a spectator of the worship of God the creator and Jesus the Lamb.
19 July 2020
Jesus continues to give the proper complements and challenges to the local congregation because he knows their strengths and weaknesses.
1) Message to Sardis: Return to Spiritual Life
2) Message to Philadelphia: Be Sure of the Kingdom
3) Message to Laodicea: Repent of Self-Sufficiency
12 July 2020
Christ compliments the Ephesian Christians for their many good deeds but criticizes them because they no longer love each other as they used to. He also commends the Smyrnan Christians for enduring persecution and pledges them eternal life, even though their troubles are about to intensify for a short time. To the Pergamum Church, Christ commends them for maintaining their commitment to him, even though some there have perverted moral truths. A false teacher was leading many Christians of Thyatira to embrace open immorality, but an all-knowing, all-powerful Lord will punish her followers severely.
1) Christ asks us to be a congregation of great love (Ephesus)
2) Christ calls us to be steadfast in suffering persecution (Smyrna)
3) Christ charges us to hold firmly to the truth (Pergamum)
4) Christ commands us to live lives of moral purity (Thyatira)
5 July 2020
1. The Purpose of the Book v1,2
2. The Blessing of the Book v3
3. The Salutations of the Book v4-8
4. The Occasion of the Book v9-11
5. The Personage of the Book v12-18
6. The Key to the Book v19