Last week we learnt that the people of Israel have sinned against God and as a result was subject to the Midianites for 7 years. In response to their cries, God called a deliverer (Judge) to free the people from oppression. This person, much like ourselves, was Gideon.
From his example we learn:
1. God often uses tough times to get our attention.
2. God sees you as you really are.
3. Confirms his priorities with His presence.
4. God is patient with our faith processes.
He meets us right where you are.
5. Private faithfulness is a prerequisite to public usefulness.
6. Success is determined by God’s power, not our own.