Topic: Genealogy of Christ , Perez
What do genealogies teach us?
1. The Bible’s genealogies help confirm the historical reliability of the Bible
2. The Bible genealogies show that God interacts with real people
3. The Bible genealogies show us that God can use imperfect people for his purposes
4. The Bible genealogies show that God cares about families
5. The Bible genealogies show that God understands every situation we experience.
Topic: Blessing , God is in charge , Obed , tough times
Main point: God works things out in behind for those who love him and through Ruth, he blessed Naomi with a son who would be the grandfather of King David.
1) Naomi is blessed with a child
2) A good daughter-in-law is better than seven sons
3) God the invisible puppet master
Topic: Kinsman-Redeemer , Ruth
Main point: Boaz foreshadows Jesus Christ, the ultimate kinsman-redeemer who will redeem a bride for himself – the Church.
1) The role of a Kinsman-Redeemer
2) Blessing to Boaz and Ruth
3) Boaz foreshadows Jesus as the Kinsman-Redeemer
Topic: Love and Grace , love story , proposal , reward , testing
In this chapter we read about Ruth’s testing, resting and final rewards.
A cunning plan is hatched v1-3
Leaving the decisions in his hands v4-5
In the place of refining v6-8
Leaving the decision to him v9-12
Introducing to mystery closer relative v12-14
Reward through refining v15-18
Topic: Poor and needy , provision , Ruth , sharing
God’s heart is for the poor and needy.
Ruth and Naomi fitted into that category at the time of this story.
Jesus also came to proclaim good news to the poor.
Should this be the mission of the church?
1. Treat the poor and needy with dignity
2. Offer the poor and needy with opportunities.
3. Defend the poor and needy
4. Share what we have with the poor and needy
Main point: God teaches us Ruth’s character in dealing with poverty, and the Christian kindness through Boaz’s character. We can trust in God fully and sits securely under his mighty wings like Ruth.
1) Ruth’s gleaning in the field
2) Boaz’s kindness
3) Ruth sits securely under God’s mighty wings
15 November 2019
Main point: God is the one who is in charge of our lives. Sometimes when we make decisions without God would turn out to be a bad idea. Everything might come full circle back to square one. But God receives all worshipers regardless of their race, sex or nationality. The loyalty and faithfulness of Ruth to Yahweh and his people sets a perfect example of how we should follow Jesus.
1) Starting a new life in a foreign land
2) A faithful daughter-in-law
3) Everything comes full circle