7 June 2020
Topic: Gideon's death
1. Gideon was asked to be King. (v 22-23)
2. Gideon’s mistake. (v 24-28)
3. The sad end. (v 29-35)
4. The Challenge to finish strongly.
24 May 2020
After the defeat of the army, Gideon pursues after the remainder of the army. He captures the two kings
and kills them.
1. Ephraim’s complaint and Gideon’s answer. (v1-3)
2. The sins of Succoth and Penuel. (v 4-9)
3. Two Midianite kings and their armies routed. (v 10-12)
4. Gideon repays Succoth and Penuel. (v13-17)
5. Gideon repays the two Midianite kings. (v18-21)
17 May 2020
1. The tests v1-8
2. The encouragement v9-15
3. The plan v16-18
Foolishness; the equipment (empty vessels, torch, leader)
4. The victory v19-25
13 May 2020
Speaker: Andy Yip
Topic: Trusting God
The Lord assured Gideon of success first by enabling him to gather an army and second by confirming his will through the means of the fleece.
1) The Spirit of the Lord enable Gideon gathers an army
2) God condescended to Gideon’s doubtful heart in the test of wool fleece
3) God is glorified when our weaknesses reveal his strength
5 May 2020
The people of Israel have sinned against God and as a result, was subject to the Midianites for 7 years. In response to their cries, God called a deliverer (Judge) to free the people from oppression. This person, much like ourselves, was Gideon.
From his example we learn:
1. God often uses tough times to get our attention.
2. God sees you as you really are.
3. Confirms his priorities with His presence.
4. God is patient with our faith processes.
He meets us right where you are.
5. Private faithfulness is a prerequisite to public usefulness.
6. Success is determined by God’s power, not our own.
2 May 2020
Speaker: Andy Yip
Topic: Seeking God in our trouble
Trouble drives people to God, and God will be found when people are genuinely seeking Him in trouble. But the consciousness of sin must come first before God’s deliverance.
1) Trouble drives men to God
2) If God is sought in trouble, he will be found
3) The consciousness of sin must come first before deliverance in trouble