There had been some people in the church who claimed that the rapture had already taken place and the believers had been left behind. Paul encouraged the people that this was not so and again taught them about the coming of the Lord. He then encouraged and prayed for them.
1. Truth about the coming of the Lord. (1-12)
- a) Do not be troubled (1-2)
- b) The apostasy must come first (3-12)
2. Steadfast Encouragement (13-17)
- a) Thanksgiving and call for steadfastness (13-15)
- b) Paul’s prayer for the people (16-17)